Character Data type in C language
This Character Data type in C Language page provides complete information about character type in C language with suitable examples.
Char data type:
- Character occupies 1 byte memory in C language
- Character data type can be either signed or unsigned
- Signed char ranging from -128 to +127
- Unsigned char ranging from 0 to 255
- Using signed char type, we process very small integer data in 1 byte range
- Character data processing using by “unsigned data type”
Why char data type limits discussion in integers?
To represent character set of any language in integers.
How can we store a symbol into 1 byte memory in C or C++?
A language at most having 256 symbols(1 byte range)
What is character system?
A character system represents all the symbols of one language using constant integer values.
printf(“%c = %d \n”,ch,ch);