Classification of Functions in C
This “Functions classification in C” page providing clearly about available classifications of functions in C with definition, prototype and function call.
Classification of Functions :
- Every function in C application comes under any one of 4 following classifications.
- Every function is having 3 things as we discussed before…
- The following diagram explains clearly about how to declare, define and call a function.
- No arguments(input) and No return values(output)
- With arguments and No return values
- With arguments and With return values
- No arguments and With return values
- Prototype is a single statement(ends with semi-colon). It is also called declaration of function.
- Function definition is a block of statements. It contains logic of function.
- Function call is a single statement. It is used to access function definition.