Data Structures and Algorithms
This “Data structures and Algorithms” post is giving introduction to algorithms and explains what is the need of Data structures algorithms in Data processing.
- Every application need to Store and Process Information.
- If we structure the data while storing, we can access effectively at later time.
- To structure the data Number of Algorithms were proposed and functions defined to process the data.
- Data Structure is a collection of data elements organized in a specified manner.
- A data structure is a group of data elements grouped together under one name. These data elements, known as members, can have different types and different lengths.
- Accessing functions are defined to store and retrieve elements.
- Data Structure is a study of different methodologies of Organizing the data and possible operations on these structures.
- Data structure algorithms comes under Linear and Non-linear.
- In the linear data structures, elements form a sequence. For example Array, Linked list, queue etc.
- In a non-linear data structure, elements will be stored randomly. For example Trees and Graphs.