History of C Language and Developers
- C is a general-purpose programming language supporting structured programming.
- C was originally developed by Dennis Ritchie between 1969 and 1973 at Bell Labs.
- It is used to re-implement the Unix operating system.
- C has been standardized by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) since 1989.
K&R C :
- In 1978, Brian Kernighan and Dennis Ritchie published the first edition of The C Programming Language.
- This book, known to C programmers as “K&R”, served for many years as an informal specification of the language.
- The version of C that it describes is commonly referred to as K&R C.
- The second edition of the book covers the later ANSI C standard.