Java History | Core Java Tutorials
This Core Java Tutorials “Java History” post giving clear information about complete java application development history and why software named as java and much more.
- Initiated by James Gosling in the islands of Indonesia.
- Application development started in the year 1991.
- Application developed under the project name “Green Project”
- Once application is ready, they decided to launch with the name “OAK”
- “OAK” is the national tree for most of the countries.
- “OAK” is the “symbol of strength”
- As “OAK” was registered, finally James gosling team launched the application with the name “Java”
- “Java” is the famous coffee bean in the Indonesia.
- And finally the first kit launched in the year 1996.
- JDK 1.0 launched from Sun Micro Systems.
- It is the organization of James Gosling.