Inheritance in Java | Core Java Online Training
This Core Java Online Training “Inheritance in Java” is providing introduction to inheritance in java including definition, importance in the application development.
- Inheritance is the concept of defining new object from the existing object.
- ‘extends’ is the pre-defined keyword used to implement inheritance.
- Following diagram explains clearly how to enhance the features of existing object.
- Accessing Existing Object functionality(methods).
- Adding new functionality to Object.
- Update existing object functionality (if required).
- The main advantage of inheritance is code re-usability.
- Inheritance is also called ‘Is-A’ relation.
- When a class is extending from existing class, we can apply ‘Is-A’ relation between them.