Introduction to Java Language | Core Java Tutorials
This Core Java Tutorials “Introduction to Java” post is explaining complete information about definition and need of programming languages.
What is language?
- Language is to communicate.
- Communication is the process of transformation data between objects.
- For this communication, we will use general languages such as English, Telugu, Hindi
What is Programming language?
- It is pre-defined application software.
- It is standalone application.
Need of computer language?
- Communication is possible using a language.
- We need to communicate with the machine to perform complex operations(finding 120! as shown in diagram) in an easy way
- Directly we cannot pass machine understandable instructions to communicate.
- Hence we need to write programs using any high level language(source code)
- Machine can’t understand source code.
- Compiler is the pre-defined program that translates Source code into Machine code.
- As a programmer, we need to develop applications/interfaces.
- Using interfaces every End-user can easily interact with the machine without having background knowledge.
- Interface is nothing but application/software.
- A screen which provides instructions to end-user to perform the transaction.