Java API documentation | Core Java Tutorials
This Core Java Tutorials “Java API documentation” post is providing clear information about all the pre-defined classes and interface available in Java Library.
- When we install Java Development Kit, library will be installed along with jdk.
- Library is a collection of packages.
- Package is a collection of classes and interfaces.
- Library is renamed as API.
- API stands for Application Program Interface.
- Every application must be referred technically “Application Program”.
- “Interface” is nothing but communicating with Object without having the complete information of Object.
- To develop our “Application Program” we can use all the pre-defined things of API.
- Means we are developing application using Library(interface) without knowledge of pre-defined things.
- We can’t see the information of classes and interfaces directly, because class files are in binary format.
- ORACLE Corporation provides documentation of all these classes.
- API provides complete information of Library things as a website as follows.