Why Java or .Net instead of C and C++? | Core Java Tutorials
This Core Java Tutorials “Why Java instead of C” post explains clearly what is the difference between C and Java programming languages and explains clearly about standalone application as well as web application.
- C and C++ languages are platform dependent languages.
- Using C and C++ languages, we can develop only standalone apps.
Standalone application :
- Runs on a single Machine.
- Runs on a single Operating system.
- Installation is required to use the application.
- Examples like ms-office, browsers, players…..
Web application :
- Runs in a network where more than one system connected.
- Runs Independent to Operating System
- Installation is not required to run.
- Examples like, gmail, facebook, youtube …..
- All the programming languages are pre-defined applications.
- And these applications are standalone.
- We must install programming language into machine dependents on Operating System.