Oracle Driver in JDBC | JDBC Tutorials
This JDBC Tutorials “Oracle Driver in JDBC” post is providing clear information about type-4 driver or Oracle driver and how to work with driver using JDBC application.
Pure Java driver (Type 4):
- Converts JDBC API calls directly into the DBMS-specific network protocol.
- This allows the client applications to connect directly to the database server.
- In a Type 4 driver, a pure Java-based driver that communicates directly with vendor’s database through socket connection.
- This is the highest performance driver available for the database and is usually provided by the vendor itself.
- This kind of driver is extremely flexible; you don’t need to install special software on the client or server.
- Every Database application is providing an implementation class of Driver interface.
- It’s a 100% pure JAVA Driver so it’s a platform independence.
- No translation or middle-ware layers are used so consider as a faster than other drivers.
- he all process of the application-to-database connection can manage by JVM so the debugging is also managed easily.
- There is a separate driver needed for each database at the client side.
- rivers are Database dependent, as different database vendors use different network protocols.
- For example Oracle-DBMS provided jbdc.oracle.driver.OracleDriver class.
- It is used to connect with Only Oracle DBMS management System.
- It can be used in any programming language.