Platform In-dependency in Java | Core Java Tutorials
This Core Java Tutorials “Platform in-dependency” post providing clear information about what is platform in-dependency and how java application runs on different platforms.
- Java is the Platform independent language.
- Java compiler plays key role in in-dependency.
- C compiler is platform dependent, hence it generates only a specific Operating System understandable instruction set.
- Java compiler is dependent to JVM (virtual OS), hence it generates JVM understandable instructions.
- JVM instructions once again interpreted by JIT into a specific Operating System understandable instructions.
- In case of Standalone app, we need to install application and required software to run that application.
- For example if we want to play a video in offline mode, we need video file and player.
- But in case of web application, no need to maintain any information in client machine.
- For example if we have data connection, we can play videos (youtube.com) without having file and player in our machine.