What is Platform Dependency? | Core Java Tutorials
This Core Java Tutorials “Platform dependency in Java” explains clearly why C and C++ applications run on a single Operating System and Why C and C++ applications are called platform dependent languages.
- C & C++ languages are platform dependent.
- Using these, we can develop only standalone apps.
- C-compiler is OS-dependent.
- These compilers translates source code into specific OS understandable instructions.
- Hence the instructions generated by C-compiler become platform-dependent.