SunDriver v/s OracleDriver | Java JDBC Tutorial
This Java JDBC Tutorial “Sun Driver and Oracle Driver in JDBC” post explains clearly what is the difference between Sun Micro Systems Given Driver and Oracle given Driver.
- Sun Driver is called Java Driver.
- Sun Driver class is available if we install JDK kit.
- Sun Driver available in sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver location.
- It must be used only in Java application to connect with DBMS application.
- We can connect with any DBMS only from Java application.
- We need to connect with ODBC driver.
- ODBC drivers installed in the computer along with Operating System.
- Oracle Driver given by Oracle Corporation.
- Oracle Driver class available after installation of Oracle DBMS software.
- OracleDriver is available in “ojdbc.jar” file
- OracleDriver is in the location “oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver”
- By extracting ojdbc.jar file or in the IDE, we can check the class.