Types of Applications – C Tutorials
Applications can be classified into
1. Standalone applications
2. Web applications
- An application which runs on a single machine.
- Application which is compatible with single Platform(OS)
- An application must be installed to run.
- Examples…. OS, Players, Browsers…..
- An application runs on a network where more than one system connected.
- An application which is independent to Operating System.
- An application need not be installed to run.
- Examples…. Gmail, Youtube, Facebook….
Note: Programming Language is a Standalone pre-defined application. We have to install programming language software to develop applications.