Types of inheritance in Java | Java Tutorials Online
This Java Tutorials Online “Types of Inheritance in Java” page is providing terminology of inheritance, types of inheritance supported by java and problems in multiple inheritance in java.
Types of Inheritance:
- Java doesn’t support all types of inheritance which are supported by Object Oriented Programming.
- The following diagram explains clearly, types of inheritance.
Inheritance Terminology: After implementing ‘Is-A relation’ between Objects, we can referred as
- Parent class – Child class
- Base class – Derived class
- Super class – Sub class
- Existing class – Extended class
Why Java doesn’t support multiple inheritance?
- Multiple inheritance is the concept of extending more than one class.
- When 2 classes having the same functionality, collisions while accessing from the extended class.